Thursday 30 June 2011

Funky Fresh Furnishings

Hello playful followers!

I've been away for a while, as I've been busy, busy playing catch with my own work.   I've developed an obsession with feel good, funky furnishings and have decided to place my own ideas in regards to what looks good.

The past couple of weeks have been spent researching and sketching out fresh, fabulous ideas and getting completely buzzed and eccentrically excited.

I had a really good meeting with my furniture manufacturer and we spent a good couple of hours bouncing ideas around and we really did feed well off each others energy and soon my vision will be coming to life.

Don't worry...I will keep you well informed and in the loop!

I have had SO much fun frisking the internet, books, galleries and twittering through Twitter for ideas.
Low and behold I found some gems!!!!

I love Patchwork anything and to fuse an eclectic range of prints with my most fave style of chairs couldn't really get any better than Kelly Swallow.




I love, love, love the Chesterfield Sofa and to amalgamate vintage and designer fabrics from the likes of Kenzo, Mulberry, amongst many others is surely heaven.

I am a massive fan of bold colours, patterns and classic styles and this really does add that much needed crunch to any interior space.

Kelly Swallow really knows how to create a cutting edge bit of chic to timeless classics and should be rewarded for having such amazing work.

If you're design conscious, get to know these priceless pieces of contemporary/vintage beauties.
I love a Chaise Lounge and to be honest I think every household should have one especially when it's designed with utter perfection.

I can feel the love and attention that's gone into every single piece of furniture designed by Kelly Swallow and I think this is what really brings a piece to life.

All those who feel the love and attention, say 'I'.  'I'!!!!!



 We love the range and we love you Kelly Swallow, keep bringing us the love of your furniture and we promise to show you love back.  In the mean time, we enjoy spreading the joy and lust from your pieces, so keep up the fabulous work and we look forward to indulging in further joys from your folio.


Jason Phillips Design adds a new type of funky to contemporary furniture and I devoured every piece on his website but my favourites had to be these dining chairs.



Beautifully quirky they add that much needed cutting edge style to furniture design.  I love all things different as they add that perfect focal point to your home and these chairs do simply that.

The Al Dente Dining Chair made from steel and glass are beautifully crafted to perfection.

some people, go for the feature wall, why not the feature dining chairs?  They know how to be cool and definitely set a fantastic trend of chic.

The thought process that have gone in to these pieces are amazing and I adore them.  I'm finding it hard to find just one perfect word to describe these, but to be honest I think they simply speak for themselves.

With these chairs you really can indulge in all things good...they are simply fantastico!

Here we have the dining table to match the eccentricity of the chairs and the love grows incessantly.
Together they carry the WOW factor and carry design to a completely new level.

When I saw these my creative juices really kicked in to gear and felt I had to share the power with you.

The only thing left to say is...enjoy!





Aaaah...The Cloud Lounge Chair...bellissimo! Made from fibre glass resin, they can bring all things orginal to your front room, office or even reception area.

This sofa is a real head turner and in a lot of ways, I wish I came up with the idea.  The style is awesome  and brings a force of difference.

The first thing I wanted to do when I saw these was to sit on them try them out.  Unfortunately, I was unable to do so, but I still look at them in complete admiration.

Anything unique in character is a winner for me and this sofa just ticks all of those boxes.





Bubble chairs have been around for decades and they act as a design that never seems to tire or fade.
Unfortunately I couldn't find the designer of these chairs, nonetheless, what craft?!

I really would have these hanging in my home and will one day have my own little rendition of this master piece.
They may not act as the most comfortable of chairs to sit in but the conversations that can spark from simply looking at them must be immense.

Design is a subject that can be under rated, but to me with out it, our world would truly be dull.  Most of the time we don't need words to describe what we like or what makes us tick and feel good.
I love all things creative and the excitement of all things new and beautiful just blows me away.

Forever inspired, my love for creativity lives on!

No comments:

Post a Comment